How To Install Fence Screen
1. Nine foot fence screens are hung from the top of the chain link fence. The usual fence height is 10 feet, which allows for one foot of air space at the bottom. Six foot fence screens, if used, are placed in the center of the chain link fence, or two feet from the top.
2. Hang the fence screens so that the seams and hems are toward the fence, leaving the smooth side facing the court.
3. All grommets must be used to secure the fence screens to the fence. First fasten one vertical edge at the desired height to the fence using regular (50 lb. breaking strength) tie wraps. Next fasten top and remaining side of fence screen to the fence with regular tie wraps, keeping the top straight by following the chain link pattern. Then, fasten the bottom with hog rings or heavy-duty (120 lb. breaking strength)
4. When anti-billowing center tape is used, fasten it after top and bottom are attached using regular, 50 lb. breaking strength tie wraps through each grommet.
5. When high winds are expected, cut tie wraps from top, sides and center tape. Then roll fence screen down to the bottom of the fence where the hog rings or heavy-duty tie wraps are attached and tie it up to help prevent wind damage.